BLITZDUCTOR XT Ex (i) – Protection Modules
- Surge arrester for intrinsically safe measuring circuits and bus systems
- Maximum discharge capacity for two-pole, three-pole or four-pole interfaces
- Low voltage protection level, capable of protecting terminal equipment
- Wide range of approvals: ATEX, IECEx, CSA Hazloc Arrester consists of a protection module and a base part
- Easy replacement of protection modules without force
- All protection components are integrated in the protection module
- Arrester with integrated RFID LifeCheck for preventive arrester monitoring Functional and appealing design
- DIN rail mounted arrester with integrated earthing
- Minimum space requirements, two pairs over a width of 12 mm
- Vibration and shock-tested for safe operation
Regarding intrinsic safety, the arrester is considered unearthed and its self-inductance and self-capacitance are negligibly small. The low-impedance arrester design ensures a high impulse current discharge capacity (at least 10x) and a low voltage protection level.
LifeCheck allows quick and easy arrester testing, however, the protection modules may only be read by the hand-held DRC LC reader in non-explosive atmospheres.
Integrated in the protection modules, RFID LifeCheck permanently monitors the operating state of the arrester. Like an early warning system, RFID LifeCheck detects imminent electrical or thermal overload of the protection components. The LifeCheck status can be read in a second by the hand-held DEHNrecord LC reader via non-contact RFID technology. Moreover, the date of the last test of the protection module can be displayed and saved. Stationary installed, a condition monitoring system allows condition-based maintenance of 10 BXT arresters.
The arrester provides protection against vibration effects and shock up to a 30-fold acceleration of gravity. The function-optimised arrester design allows quick and easy replacement of protection modules which house all relevant protection elements.
The protection module and base part must be ordered separately!