Coordinated and modular single-pole Lightning Current Arrester
- Coordinated spark-gap-based lightning current arrester consisting of a base part and a plug-in protection module
- Maximum system availability due to RADAX Flow follow current limitation
- No tripping of 32 A gG fuses up to short-circuit currents of 50 kArms
- Discharge capacity up to 50 kA (10/350 µs)
- Directly coordinated with DEHNguard surge protective devices without additional cable length
- Low voltage protection level
- Operating state / fault indication by green / red indicator flag in the inspection window
- Easy replacement of protection modules without tools due to module locking system with module release button
DEHNbloc M 1 ... FM: With remote signalling contact for monitoring device (floating changeover contact)
Energy coordination with type 2 surge arresters of the DEHNguard family is ensured without additional cable lengths or decoupling coils. This is one of the most important features of the Red/Line product families.
The DEHNbloc M arresters combine high performance and ease of use in a single device. Their electrical parameters are rated for the most stringent requirements within lightning and surge protection systems. DEHNbloc M is ideally suited for use in the main distribution board of the low-voltage consumer´s installation of a building. Equipped with the latest RADAX Flow spark gap technology, the protection and availability of electrical installations is a top priority of DEHNbloc M.
Due to the unique follow current limitation and extinction, fuses are not tripped by follow currents even in case of low-current-rated fuses in the installation. The leakage-current-free protective circuit and the mechanical operating state indicator allow the device to be installed even in areas upstream of meter panels in low-voltage consumer's installations.
The modular design of the DEHNbloc M arresters makes them safe and easy to use. Their vibration-proof module locking system, for example, is unique. Shock or vibration during transport or operation or enormous mechanical impulse loads resulting from discharges do not affect the module locking system which ensures safe fixation both for the base part and protection module. Nevertheless, the protection modules can be easily replaced without tools by simply pressing the easy-to-use module release button. Both the base part and protection module are mechanically coded to ensure against installing an incorrect module. DEHNbloc M devices incorporate double terminals, allowing series connection of the arresters in a space-saving and cost-effective way according to IEC 60364-5-53 requirements for nominal currents up to 125 A.
The operating state / fault indicator of DEHNbloc M needs no power to operate and instantly shows the operating state of the device. Apart from the standard visual indicator with red and green indicator flags, DEHNbloc M ... FM devices feature an additional remote signalling output. With its floating changeover contact, the remote signal can be used as a break or make contact according to the particular circuit concept.