Terminal Block with integrated Surge Protection
- Terminal block with integrated surge protection
- For protecting measuring and control circuits and bus systems
- Maximum impulse current carrying capability Imax up to 20 kA (8/20 µs)
- Low voltage protection level, capable of protecting terminal equipment
- No back up fuse up to 500 mA Modular disconnection function
- Disconnection module for disconnecting the signal circuit for maintenance work
- Module fixing and mechanical ejector
- Module in "parked" position after disconnection Space-saving and function-optimised design
- Terminal block with integrated surge protection (width of 6 mm)
- Fast conductor connection without tools thanks to direct plug-in technology
- Can be used with jumper bar (accessory)
Different types of arresters are available and protect two single lines sharing a common reference potential (unbalanced interfaces) or an unearthed pair (balanced interface). Arresters with a high cut-off frequency (HF) can be used for balanced bus interfaces with high data rates (e.g. Profibus, RS485).
Conductors are connected via a vibration-proof spring-loaded connection system. Stripped solid conductors and flexible conductors with wire end ferrule can be easily and quickly inserted into the relevant conductor terminal without the use of tools. For rewiring, the conductor is removed from the clamping point and clamped into a new conductor terminal.
To reduce wiring, jumper bars can be inserted at the protected side of the surge arrester, thus quickly connecting signal circuits.
The arresters are ideally suited for use in industrial environments at information technology signal interfaces of automation, measuring and control as well as bus systems.