BLITZDUCTOR XTU – Protection Modules with LifeCheck
Universal Lightning Current / Surge Arrester
- Combined lightning current and surge arrester
- Max. discharge capacity for balanced data interfaces
- Capable of carrying lightning currents up to 10 kA (10/350 µs)
- For installation in conformity with the lightning protection zone concept at the boundaries from 0A – 2 and higher With actiVsense technology
- Automatically detects the signal voltage ranging from 0 to 180 V
- Optimally adapts the voltage protection level to the currently applied signal
- Capable of protecting terminal equipment due to adapted voltage protection level
- One arrester type for two different data interfaces Integrated LifeCheck monitoring function
- Arresters can be tested without downtime
- Detection of pre-damaged arresters
- High signal availability due to preventive replacement of arresters Arrester consists of a protection module and a base part
- For DIN rail mounting with a standard base part
- Easy replacement of protection modules
- Vibration and shock-tested for safe operation
- Two universal base parts with / without signal disconnection
Its innovative actiVsense technology allows the arrester to detect the signal voltage and to automatically adapt the voltage protection level to this voltage. This makes the arrester ideal for applications where changing or slowly fluctuating signal levels (≤ 400 Hz) are to be expected. In case of interference, BLITZDUCTOR XTU arresters always provide a minimal residual voltage for every signal voltage and therefore afford maximum protection for the devices and system circuits connected to them.
BLITZDUCTOR XTU is available in two versions. The four-pole version provides protection for two separate balanced interfaces, that is the arrester automatically detects the operating / signal voltage for every pair and optimally adapts the voltage protection level for every signal circuit. This allows to protect two different balanced interfaces by means of a single arrester, thus reducing installation time, saving costs and reducing the number of arresters to be used. If only one signal interface is to be protected, a two-pole version can be used for a balanced data interface (one pair). This version also allows to directly or indirectly connect cable shields to the equipotential bonding.
This DIN rail mounted arrester is ideally suited for use in information technology transmission systems such as telecommunication, bus or measuring and control systems.
The protection module and base part must be ordered separately!