BLITZDUCTOR XT – Protection Modules
Lightning Current / Surge Arrester
- Combined lightning current and surge arrester
- Maximum discharge capacity for two-pole, three-pole or four-pole interfaces
- Capable of carrying lightning currents up to 10 kA (10/350 µs)
- Low voltage protection level, capable of protecting terminal equipment With integrated LifeCheck monitoring
- Arrester testing during operation
- Detection of pre-damaged arresters
- High signal availability thanks to preventive replacement of arresters SPD consists of a protection module and a base part
- Vibration and shock-tested for safe operation
- All protection components integrated in the protection module
- Two universal base parts with / without signal disconnection
- Minimum space requirements, 4 single lines or 2 pairs over a width of 12 mm
LifeCheck allows quick and easy testing of arresters without ever removing the module from the system. Integrated in the protection modules, LifeCheck permanently monitors the operating state of the arrester and acts like an early warning system, detecting imminent electrical or thermal overload of the protection components. The status of the arrester can be read in a second by the portable DEHNrecord LC reader with non-contact RFID technology. LifeCheck also saves and indicates the date of the last test of the protection module. Stationary installed, a condition monitoring system permanently monitors the condition of up to 10 BXT arresters.
The module locking system ensures safe operation. Thus, the arrester provides protection against vibration effects and shock up to a 30-fold acceleration of gravity. The function-optimised design of the arrester ensures both fast and easy replacement of protection modules which house all relevant protection elements.
A wide range of accessories makes BLITZDUCTOR XT arresters particularly easy to use. Elements for earthing unused lines or easily testing signal circuits round off the product range.
The protection module and base part must be ordered separately!